Developing camaraderie among women of all ages as we journey into the past in the pursuit of educating, instructing and maintaining the crafts and skills of Joanna's heritage.
Square Garden developed with raised beds. Planted 19th Century herbs including culinary, medicinal and aromatic varieties. all of which will be used in our interpretive history segments during guest visitations and the festivals at Joanna Furnace. Our sewing group has completed authentic garb for members, as well as women’s, men’s, and children’s outfits to extend a lending "closet". We have helped to research and restore the interior of the Office/Store and the Charcoal Barn, and act as interpreters during event visitations.
Projects being worked on in 2015
Gardening By the Month
- Holding workshops to instruct and design handcrafted items for fundraisers
- Hosting our 9th annual Victorian Tea” -- Saturday, May 9, 2015. The event is open to the public.. Click here to download a reservation form
NOTE: We tend to fill up quickly so be sure to register early.
- Expanding our sewing projects to include iron workers’ historic garb
- Offering a series of hands on learning activities in the arts, crafts, and domestic skills from the past …. Knitting, dyeing, herbal specialties, and more.
- Continuing herb gardening, offer mini workshop monthly on gardening
- Providing interpreters training for the office/store to support tours
– Starting Tuesday, April 21, 2015 and lasting until July, come to Joanna Furnace to learn about Herb Gardening. Participants can register for one month or for all six classes. Email Nancy at email@example.com
for more information.
The Women of Joanna meet every 3rd Thursday of the month at 9:30 am in the Joanna Furnace Mule